Under the Rainbow

Under the Rainbow
observing life from the safety here

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

And then it got quiet.

After a weekend of fun and preschool giggles and questions, a dinner to late in the evening with Dory, Bailey and David, my first ever Halloween without trick or treaters, and now it is just me and Emma. I enjoyed their visit tremendously!! Having them here was great...and Dory will be back in less than 2 weeks for one of my Bucket List activities that includes Dory and my new BFF Colleen, some of her family and Mark. We will tell you all about Mark at another time. So, Dory's leaving doesn't leave a big void, because she is coming back.


To me, it is strange that not one Trick or Treater showed up. Emma had her Bee costume on, I wore my Halloween sweater, and we waited...patiently. Where were the cars that pull in and unload the witches, ghosts and star wars paratroopers? Emma watched and after an hour and half, we decided to go for a walk to see if there was a big crowd headed our way. No such luck. we only saw three kids walking around with their parents and a Labrador furbaby in his Big Bee costume. Eventually, even Emma gave up.

Now, I have this huge bowl of candy that keeps calling my name. David and I had several pieces of it while we waited. Emma even got some laffy taffy. But, no other child got any of it. I guess I will have to ship it off to my Airman and send an envelope off to my son, Alex. Goodness knows I don't need it here! I WILL eat every single piece, even the ones I do not like.

David left for hopefully, his last trip to North Carolina on business, and all I had on my schedule was my Tuesday night Zumba class in Blanchester. So what did I do today? I laid around in my jammies til 2pm....shameful! Then I had to rush  to get Emma's walk in before my departure. After class, I came home to the usual excited puppy. She is always happy to see anyone arrive, but Mom or Dad is the greatest thing.
So, here we sit, all curled up watching up on the dvr. It got quiet all of a sudden. It's nice, but strange. It's nights like this I am glad I have Emma to keep my company. We are both so comfortable, we may just sleep here! Don't tell on us?

1 comment:

  1. Not one trick or treater? Next year, you can come sit with me on the corner in a subdivision passing out candy. We don't have any little ones come here either so next year we'll go find some :)

    ReplyDelete