Under the Rainbow

Under the Rainbow
observing life from the safety here

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Surprise! I'm putting the nursing cap back on!






Just last week I had this thought, "I need to call Anna Boone, we need to do lunch & catch up." I had that thought several times. There was some reason she was stuck in my head. Little did I know why.


Sunday evening my phone rang, and low & behold, it was Anna Boone! Normal catch up chit chat ensued and after we did a brief rundown, she asked me if I had thought about going back to work? Ummm....we have had several discussions about it, but neither David nor I had any set plans. "Why?" I asked.


Seems the office she's working in just had an opening....one that involves my own corner of the world, a phone extension, NO telephone triage, and the normal private office hours 9-5:30 Monday through Friday. NO weekends or holidays, and its a whopping eight minute drive from our house. It sounded lovely. She gave me the contact person and I told her I would talk to David.


It seemed to both of us, our questions and/or reservations about me finding a job were taken care of. This excellent opportunity dropped out of the sky and landed in my lap. God had answered our question. It was not our place to question why or how this opportunity came about. It was worth investigating. I mean how much gas could an 8 minute commute use? And forget about traffic and road rage,no I64! I updated my résumé and dropped it off the very next morning. Two hours later they were calling me to set up an interview.


So this afternoon I dressed up, put on my smile and walked into that office with a positive attitude and the thought that this was a gift so I needed to be honest and truthful....I really took the time off because I had been stressed, I needed the break and hadn't been looking for a job, but I felt that all the pieces fell into place for a reason. After lots of questions and discussing the job and my skills and strengths, she offered me the job, on the spot. I have never experienced that. We didn't set a start date, we decided I would talk to David. David & I agree I need a few days to get myself on a work/sleep schedule. Admittedly, I am a night owl, remember? So, my bedtime is usually somewhere between midnight and 1:30am. Looks like I start Monday! So tonight operation get to bed early begins!


I'm excited! Using my nursing skills, trading my yoga pants for scrub pants, and actually putting makeup on everyday. And...I have a reason to know what day it is, I'll get to look forward to TGIF again, and I will have real conversations with people, not just Emma. Speaking of Emma....she isn't going to like this too much. At least in the beginning. She has gotten spoiled. Sleeping in with Mom everyday, snuggling on my lap when is cold outside, and no kennel unless I have errands. I spent quite a bit of time trying to explain the whole Momma's got a job thing to her. I told her that meant more toys, and sweaters...she didn't want to hear it! Poor pitiful thing! All day kennel sounds like a horrible idea to her? See!




Eventually, she wouldn't even look at me.




And then she started to pout!




She will live, I know she's just a dog. I'm excited anyway you slice it....we will just have to change her schedule and mine as well! I plan on still doing the Bevarazzi Photography thing on the side. Most of that work is evenings and weekends. So I should be fine. I enjoy it way too much to give it up!


Congratulate me, I'm headed back to work at Dunbar Medical's Teays Valley office...whoooo hoooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment